The two hackathon topics are Gender Equality and Zero Hunger, which are two of the Sustainable Development Goals outlined by the United Nations.
The Hackathon Design
The Hackathon is held on a number of consecutive days between 2-5, holding different groups from 3-7 participants. It usually involves experts, students, and professionals from specific fields related to the topic in question, either as participants or mentors that help guide participants.
Egypt 2030 Hackathon
Hacking towards Egypt’s SDG 2030 vision in partnership with PepsiCo and in collaboration with the Ministry of Social Solidarity and United Nations, the hackathon will address two of Egypt’s most challenging issues that the country is working on achieving by 2030, gender equality & zero hunger.
- Must be above 18 years at the time of registration
- Selected participants must be present from the 18th to the 20th of April
- Selected participants must be present during the Info session held from 3-7 days before the hackathon start date (the 18th)
- Participants do not need to have an already set team
- Employees from any of the participating entities (RiseUp, PepsiCo, MOSS, UN) are not eligible to participate
- If you are applying as a team, the team must include one team member with a tech background
- Already set teams must include a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 members
- All team members shall join on Devpost
- upload the code to GitHub with a readme file with description of the framework used and how to run the code
- Submit the pitch deck link
- Make a video of your idea ( run the solution (web , app, etcc.)
Junior adviser for business innovation. GIZ
coordination annalyst UN
Dr Mohamed Abdel Monem
Senior advisor for land and climate change FAO
Minister of social solidarity
United Nations Resident Coordinator
CEO and founder RiseUp
Ahmed El Alfi
Founder and chairman at the Greek Campus Flat6 labs / Greek
CEO and CO founder Ahead of the curve
2030 vision X SDG relevancy
the relevancy of the solution to the proposed SDG in adherence to Egypt’s vision 2030.
whether or not the submission is tackling the issue or its application in a new unconventional aspect
the simplicity and the flow of using the solution, for the targeted users
the applicability and the availability of resources for implementation
the sustainability and scalability plan for the solution.